Self Employed Businesses Employees COVID-19 Capital Grant Scheme

Business Support

The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority have produced this website to keep you and your business updated throughout the period of new national restrictions from Thursday, November 5th .

Supporting You Throughout New National Restrictions

From Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December, the Government is taking the following action:

  • Requiring people to stay at home, except for specific purposes.
  • Preventing gathering with people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
  • Closing certain businesses and venues.

For a full list of businesses required to close please visit the government website

Click One of The Links Below to Get Started:

Below you will find details of the financial support being made available to businesses, the self-employed and employees.

You should avoid travelling in or out of your local area, but you can and should still travel for a number of reasons, including: travelling to work where this cannot be done from home, travelling to education and for caring responsibilities, hospital GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health and exercise, if you need to make a short journey to do so.

If you cannot maintain your workforce because your operations have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you can furlough employees and apply for a grant to cover a portion of their usual monthly wage costs where you record them as being on furlough. Employers can bring furloughed employees back to work for any amount of time and any work pattern, while still being able to claim the grant for the hours not worked. You can submit your claim and check the eligibility criteria for the scheme here

There are 11 lenders participating in the Bounce Back Loan scheme including many of the main retail banks. You should approach a suitable lender yourself via the lender’s website. A list of lenders can be found here

No, You must not meet socially indoors with family or friends unless they are part of your household – meaning the people you live with – or support bubble. You can exercise or visit outdoor public places with the people you live with, your support bubble, or 1 person from another household. More details on support bubbles can be found here

Everyone who can work effectively from home must do so. Where people cannot do so (for instance people who work in critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing) they should continue to travel to work/attend their workplace.

To reduce social contact, the Government has ordered certain businesses and venues to close. These include all non-essential retail, indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, entertainment venues and personal care facilities. A more detailed list can be found here